Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chili anyone?

I haven't done a recipe in awhile, so here go, homemade chili for even the laziest of cooks.



Ingredients:

1 1/14 ground beef (or turkey)
2 cup diced onion (I buy mine precut from a local produce farm)
1 (6oz) can of tomato paste
1 (14oz) can of diced tomatoes with juice
2 1/2 tablespoons of chili powder
2 1/2 teaspoons of cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 1/14 cup of water or beef stock
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 small bay leaf
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 can kidney beans (or pinto)

1. Sautee' meat and onions in big pot.
2. Add all ingredients EXCEPT beans.
3. Simmer and stir occasionally for 1 hour.
4. Add beans (after you drained them if you wish to drain them)
5. Simmer 15 minutes more.
6. EAT! :) Serve with cheese, tostitos or crackers, or whatever floats your boat!!

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

PussDaddy said...

Thanks. I might try this. It looks pretty good. We usually make it with that little kit in a bag you get at the grocery store but I want to try something else.

PD

PussDaddy said...

I'm about to gaffle this and whip us up some chili. I sure hope it's good monkey mama. I'll let you know. Thanks.

PD

Amy said...

Let me know how it goes!!

PussDaddy said...

Ok, this was some very good chili. I am probably going to use this recipe instead of the one I have been using from now on. Thanks!

PD

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails