Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Homeschooling Progress

I am definitely the Hesitant Homeschooler, as my blog name says, but I'm pleasantly surprised that we are making it. We've had some very rough days of the boys (and I) totally losing our ever loving minds, but we've had good days of getting work done in a timely fashion so we can play with friends, go swimming, etc.

We've cut way back on the screen time, they only get it on Sundays, with limited TV during the week (which has mostly lately entailed of Star Wars movies...they're obsessed.) This has resulted in much less fussing, bad attitudes, and scary mommy. I'm making a very concerted effort to yell less, listen more, and learn their learning styles. 

So things are moving along...I'm not saying it's easy, I'm not saying I wouldn't send them back to school if I could, but I admit it's going okay, and I'm learning a lot about them as human beings, and myself. We have just four more weeks of "summer school" and then we take a month off!! I've timed it so we can be off when public school starts...so while other kids head off on buses, we head off to the pool!!

I'm looking forward to some upcoming field trips and projects I have planned for them. I'm not sure how much Eli is really getting since Kindergarten work isn't very labor intensive and he's basically ahead of where he should be, so I'm working mostly with him on the basic 3 R's and social/emotional activities.

My buddies...

 Boba Fett climbing a tree.
 We spent a cloudy but beautiful Sabbath on the lakefront recently.
 He's looking so grown up!
 What, you don't see Boba Fett in your town out and about?

Testing the lake water.

Can't wait to see what we get into in the coming weeks!!
~~Amy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails