Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WIP Wednesday and Back to School

TODAY IS BACK TO SCHOOL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE BACK TO SCHOOL!! No, not just because I get the awesomeness of peace and quiet for several hours each day to do my work, clean, cook and just frolic through my home without being followed by "Hey, Mom!" But I love the newness of back to school. The possibility of learning, meeting new friends, their stinking cute back to school picture with their little backpack. New hair cuts, new shoes, the predictable routine of school. I love it. Thankfully, my boys love school and their elementary is awesome. I try to stay active in the school and PTA, because I believe you cannot complain about your child's school if you don't bother to get involved. But yes, I love the ME time. I get to focus on my work, keeping home and solitude. As much of a people person that I am, I relish my alone time. I choose what's on TV. Crank up my music. Eat lunch without interruptions... USE THE BATHROOM ALONE!!! It's a beautiful thing. So I hope to have a LOT of WIP's to show you now!! :) But honestly, my best, BEST works in progress are these two little boys. They are my most important work, and even though they can drive me nuts, have their issues, I feel they're not too shabby for  my first times :)

Well, when I originally pre-wrote this post I was all ready to enjoy the peace and quiet of back to school. Then I got a phone call asking me to fill in a temporary position at the preschool my little one just got into! (I have worked there on and off since 2001). I said yes, and will start work on the same day my oldest starts school!!! So no relaxing morning coffee for me! I shall enjoy it driving to work! There will be a lot of organizing, daycare shuffling, lunch making, etc that I'm not used to but I'll find my stride.

If it's one thing I've learned, life is always changing and you have to be ready for it! Wake up, do what you need to do, smile, laugh, enjoy and repeat!

~~Amy

2 comments:

PussDaddy said...

It's the MOST wonderful day of the year!!! Yay!!!! Back to school yay!!!!!

And I don't even have any kids and I am still all "Yay! Back to school!!!!"

PD

Amy said...

LOL And it STINKS bc I had to go back to work! MISS You crazy cat lady.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails