Sunday, August 29, 2010

5 Years Ago Today...

I was 9 mos pregnant and evacuated for Hurricane Katrina....there is no need for me to go over the nitty gritty details..most of you know them. You know what has happened. We came out of the storm quite spared and were blessed for the most part. So today, as you go about your business....think about those who had to rebuild EVERYTHING, not just from Katrina but from any disaster and be thankful for what you have and those who love you.

Here is where I was 5 years ago! (after we made it back safe and sound and I was about to POP!)

What, you look perkier when you were 9 mos pregnant in southern heat?



Katrina tried to kick our ass but we kicked it back. Who Dat, my friends...Who DAT!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Yes I am keeping all the Katrina failies in my prayers.

Carrie Lynn said...

Hurricane Katrina was a force to be reckoned with! Thanks for sharing your experience, and for recognizing the lives touched by disaster.

PussDaddy said...

I had no idea you were in Katrina. I am glad you got out ok.

PD

Miss Val's Creations said...

It was a blessing that you guys were spared. It was such tragedy that has been taking years for many to recover from.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails