Friday, April 16, 2010

Stamping with Your Cricut!!

This is one of the coolest things I've seen a Cricut do yet! I am still fairly new to my Cricut, not having been able to spend a TON of time with it. Originally I got the Cricut to cut fabric applique's like the informercial promises. I have YET to get it to do it right but I'll keep trying.

In the meantime, I had to check out the Cricut stamping goodies. Now you can cut acrylic sheets and make clear acrylic stamps for rubber stamping!! I am a bigger fan of rubber stamping than I am of actual die cuts made by the Cricut, and that's probably because I am a not a huge scrapbooker. I do love stamping though, even if I'm still new at it!

So, while this is not a tutorial, you really don't need one. Simply buy the Acrylic sheets (and blocks if you want, or you can just buy regular acrylic blocks) and get rolling! You do need a deep cut blade and it's best if you start with a fresh mat. I get most of my supplies from Oh My Crafts.

Here is a few stampings I did with cuts from my Cricut!! What you stamp will vary on what cartridges you have!






It took some practice getting the hang of smooth stamping but this looks like it's going to be really fun. It seems you'll probably have some trial and error in deciding what cuts would make the best stamps, but this is my fave part of the Cricut so far!

~~~Happy Stamping!

Amy

1 comment:

Heather said...

Are you trying to convince me to get a Cricut??? Well, I'm seriously tempted but, like you, I need something that will cut fabric so I dunno just yet. :S But I do really like those stamps you made! That's just awesome! Keep up the great work, Amy!!!

~Heather
http://www.heatherscustomsewing.etsy.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails