Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Thanksgiving Ideas!

It's almost turkey day!!! Can you feel it? Can you SMELL IT!? I'm so ready! My turkey is thawing in the fridge, I purchased my gluten free pie crust, I'm ready to start a-cooking!
I'll share a few of my Gluten Free alterations to our Thanksgiving dinner.

Pie:
Really only my father-in-law and I really like pie, so I don't bother making a crust. I purchased a GF crust from Whole Foods (their brand). Use your canned pumpkin as directed to make your pie.

Stuffing/Dressing:
I found a recipe once upon a time for a dressing made in a baking dish in the oven. Again, trusty 'ol Whole Foods helps, I buy their brand of GF Stuffing Cubes....viola...use in whatever stuffing recipe you have.

Everything else on Thanksgiving is generally Gluten Free. I do make crescent rolls for the rest of the family, but other than that, most turkey day fare, is easily modified to GF....turkey, cranberry, veggies, etc. All, easily made GF.

So, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and I'll see you, full and fat on Friday! :)

~~Amy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails