Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Broccolli Casserole

Well gang, I made this dish. It wasn't my favorite ever, but it was pretty good. I made a few alternations.

The Recipe is HERE: http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/chicken-mushroom-broccoli-and-rice.html

I omitted:
the celery and the water chesnuts.

I used regular rice and a store bought chicken. I also accidentally bought Cream of Mushroom soup instead of Cream of celery soup...but it worked fine.
If you are Gluten Free, you'll need to look harder for soups without wheat but they are available, usually in the specialty section of your grocery.

I also added a layer of cheese on top prior to baking, because really, is there ever a bad time for cheese?
Overall, I liked it, husband ate it without complaint. Kids didn't eat it, but that is no judgement of good food.

 Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails