Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Operation Simplify 2010

So, another new year is upon us. I do not actually 'celebrate' the new year, nor do I make New Years resolutions. My year actually starts in the fall with the Hebrew calendar, but January first is a great time to try to get the ball rolling.


For me, I want 2010 to be the Year of Simplify. Nice and vague, eh?







What does this mean? To get started, let's define Simplify: 
A verb, used with object, "To make less complex or complicated; make plainer or easier: to simplify a problem.


Isn't that what life is supposed to be about? Enjoying family, friends, the SIMPLE things in life?


So how does one go about starting something like Operation Simplify? Certainly making lists, tons of goals and plans really defeats the purpose now doesn't it?


So I shall start small and make mini goals in all aspects of life. 


January's Goals:



  • Simplify Cooking: Crock Pot meals, using leftovers, if it takes longer than 30 minutes prep I don't wanna do it!
  • Simplify Selling Online: Focus shops on the things that do sell, and be ready to abandon ideas that don't pan out. 
  • Simplify Schedule: Plan 1 playdate/park trip per week for kids!
Anyone want to join me in Operation Simplify 2010? What ways do you want to make your life more simple and in turn more enjoyable? 

What simple and easy things in life do you enjoy?

I plan to share little tidbits and simple solutions to ways you can enjoy your new year also!

Be Simple!

 Henry David Thoreau














6 comments:

creativehaven said...

Simplify by organizing. Nothing is simple when you're constantly searching for what you need to complete a task. That is one of my biggest dilemmas, staying organized.
~~April aka Creative Haven

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

Yup, that's my goal too...wanna be more organized so that everything I need has a place. I'm really bad when I get sewing for pulling everything but the kitchen sink out.
Blessings to you in 2010, my sweet Amy!
Hugs~
Cindy

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I dig Thoreau. :)

And hey - 2010 blessings to you and yours! :)

Peace.

Tracy Shea said...

I plan to simplify, too. Getting a dumpster. Just too much clutter, unnecessary crape in my space. Time to chuck. Happy New year to you and y'uns!

2 Virgos Designs said...

great goals!

2 Virgos Designs said...

I love playing with my dog, such a simple plesure and wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails