Tuesday, February 28, 2012

pretty, rainbow colored progress

I've been working (among other things) on a rainbow striped granny blanket for me. I always have multiple projects going, but I love a simple project like this for a night while I waste brain cells on television.

So I started this Rainbow Granny Stripe blanket based on the Granny Stripes pattern from Attic24

Anyhoo, when I started it I merely held the chain up to the bed to make sure it was long enough, completely and utterly FORGETTING that when you get going, the project seems to grow infinitely from the chain. So I did not hold up the first few rows to the bed as I should have...

so I have a really, really wide blanket started!! But it's going, it will just be super wide and we won't fight over a blanket at night!!

It is also going to take up quite a bit of yarn! Just the part that's finished, the first rainbow portion has taken up 1/2 skein of "I Love This Yarn" in, red, orange, yellow, light green, green, blue and purple. The teal was a Vanna's Choice, so it took up 1 and 1/2 skeins of that!! So this is a great yarn eater project!!

But I digress..I love it. It will be so warm and yet so bright and I LOVE granny blankets because they are perfect for spring/summer when the sheets are not quite enough but you don't want a true blanket or comforter, especially down here in the heat!

Thanks for taking a peek, what are you working on??

~~Amy








1 comment:

Karin Marie said...

This is just darling! I adore rainbows! So happy and Bright! I can't wait to see it all done! great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails